Pavones Costa Rica Surf Tours
Explore the surf in Pavones, Costa Rica with local surf guides.
This is all-inclusive surf camp for competent surfers who can handle themselves safely in overhead waves without too much difficulty. This tour has everything you will need to find and catch the the waves in the Pavones area. Your tour includes boat trips to Cabo Matapalo, and along the Burrica Peninsula.
You’ll get to surf some of the best and most uncrowded waves in Costa Rica on this surf tour.
You’ll arrive in San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) and transfer to Sansa Airlines terminal to take a local flight down to Golfito. We pick you up at the airport in Golfito, Costa Rica, drive to Pavones.
Once in Pavones, you’ll stay at the Una Ola Surf Camp headquarters where you can surf the longest wave in the world right outside your door. We also provide you with two boat tours to Cabo Matapalo on the Osa Peninsula to surf a series of right point breaks, as well as, along the uncharted coastline of the Burica Peninsula, the most uncrowded and under explored area for surfing in Costa Rica.
We recommend that you are in good physical condition before starting surf camp. You should be able to swim at least 500m unassisted. We also recommend that you be comfortable in overhead waves.
If you have any questions about whether this surf tours option is for you, then feel free to contact us anytime!
- DepartureSan Jose, Costa Rica - SJO - San Juan Santamaria International Airport (Sansa Terminal)
- Departure TimeDepends on your flight arrival times
- Return TimeDepends on your flight departure times
- Dress CodeComfortable. Casual beach attire, athletic clothing for a tropical environment. Hiking boots, sandals, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen.
- IncludeGuided Surf ToursBoat Trips to Cabo MatapaloSurfboard RentalsR/T Airport Transfers (Golfito – Pavones)Accommodations
- Not IncludedVideo FeedbackBreakfastWaterfall ToursHorseback ToursFishing ToursFishing Equipment RentalsIce Chest / Cooler RentalsHiking ToursBike RentalsATV / Quad RentalsSUP Lessons / ToursYoga ClassesLocal Surf CoachLocal Surf GuideBoat Trips along Burica PeninsulaBeginner SurfboardRashguardPersonal Surf InstructorR/T Ground Transportation (SJO – Pavones)Surf LessonsR/T Flights (SJO – Golfito)
Day 1 - Pick-up & Transfers from Golfito to Pavones, Orientation Dinner & Drinks
Day 2 - Morning & Evening Surf Session
Day 3 - Morning & Evening Surf Session (Boat Trip to Matapalo/Burrica)
Day 4 - Morning & Evening Surf Session
Day 5 - Morning & Evening Surf Session
Day 6 - Morning & Evening Surf Session
Day 7 - Morning Surf Session (time permitting), Transfer from Pavones to Golfito
Rio Claro de Pavones, Costa Rica