Beginner Level Surf Camps
Learn how to surf waves in Pavones, Costa Rica for beginner surfers.
Beginner surf camps in Costa Rica for the introductory surf enthusiast that wants to learn the basics of surfing safely.
Una Ola Surf Camp in Pavones, Costa Rica provides expert surfing instruction for the beginner surfer who really wants to learn how to surf. Our beginner surf camps are year-round, and are designed to help you to learn all the basics of surfing technique and etiquette:
- Learn how to choose the best surfboard for your surfing skill level
- Learn how to choose the best place to practice your surfing skills
- Learn about the wind, swells, tides, currents, and how they affect the waves for surfing
- Learn how to paddle, control and navigate your surfboard through the waves
- Learn how to choose, and catch, the best wave for your surfing ability
- Learn all the fundamentals of how to continue to improve your surf ability
Before you book a beginner surf camp with Una Ola Surf Camp, you should be aware that surfing is a strenuous physical activity. So, to maximize your beginner surfing experience in Costa Rica, we suggest that you should be able to to swim 200 meters or more, non-stop, at minimum, prior to attending a week-long beginner’s surf camp. This will help you to take full advantage of the expert surfing instruction.
If you have any questions about whether this beginner surf camp option is for you, then feel free to contact us anytime!
- DepartureSan Jose, Costa Rica - SJO - San Juan Santamaria International Airport (Sansa Terminal)
- Departure TimeDepends on your flight arrival times
- Return TimeDepends on your flight departure times
- Dress CodeComfortable. Casual beach attire, athletic clothing for a tropical environment. Hiking boots, sandals, hat, sunglasses & sunscreen.
- IncludeBeginner SurfboardRashguardPersonal Surf InstructorSurfboard RentalsR/T Airport Transfers (Golfito – Pavones)Surf LessonsAccommodations
- Not IncludedVideo FeedbackBreakfastWaterfall ToursHorseback ToursFishing ToursFishing Equipment RentalsIce Chest / Cooler RentalsHiking ToursBike RentalsATV / Quad RentalsSUP Lessons / ToursYoga ClassesLocal Surf CoachLocal Surf GuideBoat Trips along Burica PeninsulaGuided Surf ToursR/T Ground Transportation (SJO – Pavones)Boat Trips to Cabo MatapaloR/T Flights (SJO – Golfito)